Over the last 18 months since the start of the pandemic, our focus has been on the safety of our members and staff, providing spacious, hygienic and safe environments for you to visit and work out in. This is why our approach to operating safely has been approved by industry experts across the country.
After the government recently confirmed the country would move to Step 4 of the COVID-19 roadmap on July 19th, several legislative restrictions can now be lifted.
From July 19th:
- We will be increasing capacities in our gyms and pool halls to resemble closer to normal capacities
- Class capacities will be increased where possible and more will be added to our timetables
- Any restrictions that remained on our showers and changing rooms in some centres will be lifted
- In some centres, more bookable slots can be introduced where applicable
However, the government also emphasised that as lifted restrictions now become guidance, the public should remain vigilant as we learn to live with the virus. A selection of legislative restrictions also remain due to a recent rise in cases. Therefore, to continue to ensure everyone’s safety at this present time, below are the following steps that we will continue to operate in our leisure centres for the time being. These steps will be kept under review:
- Please continue to wear a face covering in communal areas such as corridors, cafes and reception/foyer areas.
- Please continue to book your swimming, gym and class slots either via the YMCA Lifestyles App, online or by contacting the centre
- Please continue to swipe your membership card when you arrive for your session
- We will continue to follow the most up to date guidance on the spacing between equipment.
- The sanitising and extra cleaning stations we introduced will remain
- The centres will continue to close between bookings for deep cleaning
Please continue to respect your fellow members, staff and their personal choices, as we continue to keep the whole community safe and strong – together.