With more and more of us switching to functional training, there is no better place to start than the home of the Spartan Rig – YMCA Thornton.
Join other budding Spartans in mastering and conquering the rig, adding a whole new dimension to your gym experience.
With multiple stations integrated into the equipment, the Spartan Rig offers a programme of motivational group personal training sessions. This versatile functional equipment provides the setting for a new social, energised dynamic, designed to keep you interested and focused with exercises modified to your personal fitness levels.
The fitness experts at YMCA Thornton are now bringing to you: The Spartan Challenge!
The challenge is simple – Complete 50 Spartan classes! As a reward you will be issued with a Spartan T-shirt, making you an official member of the YMCA Thornton Spartan team.
There are 5 Spartan Commandments that must be obeyed throughout the challenge:
- Complete 50 spartan classes including at least 2 super spartans*
- Ask your fitness experts to sign and date your card after each class (ask the gym team for your spartan card)
- There is a maximum of 4 entries per week
- All challenge cards must be completed by 25th Dec 2015
- You must complete at least one of each kind of spartan class
Spartan classes include: Low Impact, Cardio, Tone, Abs, H.I.I.T, Strength and Events Training. See YMCA Thornton timetables for all class times.
*Look out for the monthly Super Spartan classes to help you fill up your challenge card.
The question is – ARE YOU SPARTAN ENOUGH?