Come and join in the biggest Youth Club on the Fylde Coast. YMCA Kids Swimming Lessons are now included!
We believe that we offer the best value for money swimming lessons for kids on the Fylde Coast through our Y:Youth membership! Not only do you get highly trained ASA (Amateur Swimming Association) qualified swimming teachers, our kids swimming lessons are superb value for money and now there is even more reason to join our club. Not only when your child is signed up to our Y:Youth Membership, will they receive all of the following completely FREE!
- FREE Annual Swimming Membership
- FREE Swim Fit classes
- FREE Badges and Certificates
- FREE Assessments
They also include this:
- Harry’s Soft Play (age restrictions apply)
- Racquet Sports (age restrictions apply)
- Les Mills Born to Move
- 1x gymnastic/sports acro class per week
- Timetabled Classes (Age restrictions apply)
- Member rate discounts into our Kids Fun Swims (see <ahref=”.. swimming-pools-times?=”” swimming=”” ..=””>Pool Timetables for details) </ahref=”..>
- Further discounts on school holiday childcare, Spa on the Breck, Air Skate and YMCA Bowl
All included for ONLY £25 per month (2 months up front payment required). For more details, please see our package, please see the breakdown of our Y:Youth membership
Did You Know?
- 1 million children in the UK leaving primary school cannot swim 25 metres (ROSPA)
- Drowning is the third highest cause of infant mortality in the UK (ROSPA)
- The majority of infant mortality rates due to drowning occur in the summer months (ROSPA)
What are YMCA Swimming Lessons?
We offer a comprehensive programme of swimming lessons for children aged 3+. All of our lessons follow the all inclusive ASA National Plan for Teaching Swimming, taking the non swimmer from their first entry into the water to developing confidence and competence.
Where are they?
YMCA Kirkham Rural Splash, YMCA Fleetwood, YMCA Poulton, YMCA St Annes Pool & Gym and YMCA Garstang.
Can my child use swimming lessons to develop their swimming at the YMCA?
Yes, our unique development pathways allow your child to continue their swimming journey beyond the ASA plan and enter into a choice of exit routes including learning valuable lifesaving skills through our Rookie Lifeguard programme (8-14 yrs), nurturing talent through our competitive pathways and much more.
Why Learn to Swim? Our Mission
Swimming is a unique sport and it is the only sport that can potentially save lives, therefore our mission at the YMCA Fylde Coast is to make sure every child gets the opportunity to learn to swim in a safe, supportive and encouraging environment.