YMCA Fleetwood Health and Fitness Centre are delighted to announce that they have secured a local community grant to provide funded swimming for local Fleetwood children with an FY7 postcode throughout the school holidays until February 2018.
Funded swimming throughout the Summer School Holidays (Monday 24th July – Friday 1st September) is available for children aged 16 and under. All children wishing to take part in the free funded sessions must:
- Complete a registration form before participating (Forms are available from YMCA Fleetwood and must be signed by a parent or guardian aged 18 or over with proof of residency at an FY7 postcode e.g. recent utility bill or driving licence)
- Any children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a paying parent or guardian aged 18 or over.
- All children registering from the FY7 postcode areas will be given a free membership card which they must bring every time they wish to enter the facilities. A £1 charge applies if the card is lost and needs to be replaced.
- Funded swimming will operate exactly as a paid session and therefore does not include fun swims and holiday activities
- Throughout the summer period, the membership card will also entitle the bearer to access Marine Splash. Without this card, children will not be able to access the pool or Marine Splash via this offer.
- Marine Splash public sessions are currently between 12 noon and 5pm. The membership card is not valid outside of the published public session times. Times may vary dependent upon weather
- Capacity at Marine Splash is 100 children max.
- The membership card is valid for all public swimming sessions, whilst it remains valid
- Maximum capacity in the swimming pool is 120
- Due to the expectancy that the centre will be busy you may find that you will need to wait before being allowed entry to the pools or Marine Splash
- Please note that our existing operating procedures cannot be altered
Prices for those without and FY7 postcode can be found here for Marine Splash and here for public swimming
For more information about Marine Splash, please contact YMCA Fleetwood