The team at YMCA Fleetwood are set to unwrap their biggest gift of all this Christmas… a brand new refurbished and upgraded fitness suite.
Following the announcement that the centre is to receive substantial investment from Wyre Council and YMCA, works will commence on Tuesday 1st December and once completed the centre will boast:
- A completely refurbished fitness suite with the creation of a brand new functional training zone
- A total upgrade of the cardio and resistance equipment introducing the latest Life Fitness technology and digital fitness experience with free Wi Fi (currently only available inside YMCA Poulton and YMCA Thornton)
- Brand new Life Fitness Synrgy functional training rig
- Refreshed high performance weights area
- Motivational personal and group training programmes in the new Synrgy Zone
- New fitness class programme
In addition to this the swimming pool plant equipment will also receive some upgrading to ensure the centre is operating at a high level of efficiency.
Steve Mullins, Manager of YMCA Fleetwood said:
“This is fantastic news for our members and fitness customers. We introduced the new Life Fitness equipment at Poulton and Thornton earlier this year with tremendous feedback and the functional training rigs and sessions are massively popular.
“Add these improvements to the recent addition of the café and re-development of the front of the centre and we have a facility that truly offers something for everyone to benefit from.”
Changes to Centre Operation
To ensure the works inside the gym, high performance area and swimming pool plant room are completed to a high standard and as quickly as possible there are some operational changes required over a 3-4 week period, starting from Tuesday 1st December.
- From 1st December the Fitness Suite will be closed for refurbishment through to Monday 28th December (last entry Monday 30th November. Your nearest fitness facilities are located at YMCA Thornton and YMCA Poulton.
- 7th – 11th December – the centre will close for 5 days to allow works to take place in the high performance weights area and swimming pool plant room
- 12th December – Centre will re-open (except fitness suite)
- 24th – 26th December – Centre closed for Christmas
- 27th December – Centre re-opens except fitness suite
- 28th December – Exclusive YMCA member preview of new Fitness Suite
- 29th December – Normal centre opening
New Gym Launch
There will be an exclusive preview of the new gym facilities for YMCA Fleetwood members. Invites will be going out over the coming weeks for the 28th December event.
The new gym will officially launch to the public on Tuesday 29th December.
Make sure you add some new gym kit to your Christmas wish lists!