It’s National Fitness Day on Friday 26th September and your YMCA’s have joined forces with ukactive to celebrate physical activity in the UK.
So we’ve compiled a programme of free classes and activities to give you, your friends and family the chance to get moving and try something new this Autumn.
And according to ukactive research if you exercise in company you are more likely to stick at it due to the social atmosphere and camaraderie which creates a positive atmosphere and importantly helps us to have fun.
So what’s the FREE #Fitnessday Programme?
Read on for more details about each National Fitness Day class…
Friday 26th September
- YMCA Fleetwood, The Esplanade – try Spinning (please pre-book on 01253 771505) at 10.30am or 5.30pm, Body Combat at 9.15am
- Also available at YMCA Fleetwood free Power Half Hour buddy training taster sessions (please pre-book on 01253 771505) – a great new way to get a feel for the gym with direct support from our friendly instructors.
- YMCA St Annes, St Albans Rd – try Zumba at 9.15am, Roc Bod at 10.15am or 50+ Exercise at 11.15am
- YMCA St Annes Pool & Gym, South Promenade – try Aqua with Leigh Hamilton for FREE at 1.30pm
- YMCA Garstang, Windsor Rd – try Total Body Workout at 10am or Zumba at 11am
- YMCA Rural Splash Kirkham, Station Rd – try out the gym for free from 6.30am – 9pm or call in for a health check
- YMCA Poulton, Breck Rd – try Zumba at 12.15pm (please pre-book on 01253 891629).
- Also available at YMCA Poulton free Power Half Hour buddy training taster sessions (please pre-book on 01253 891629) – a great new way to get a feel for the gym with direct support from our friendly instructors.
- YMCA Lytham, Mythop Rd – try out the gym for free from 7am – 9.30pm (please pre-book on 01253 739166). PLUS free fitness tests 1pm – 4pm and try Insanity at 7.15am – 8.15am.
- YMCA Thornton, Victoria Rd East – try Junior Boxing (14 – 16s) for FREE at 5.15pm or Body Attack from 7pm – 7.45pm.
JUST ADDED! FREE Family Fit session this Friday at YMCA Fleetwood from 4pm – 5pm. No need to book just turn up! See details below.
Find out more about:
Spinning – a motivational group setting, energising music and inspirational instructors. If you haven’t seen Spinning in action it’s a class based on indoor cycling, using stationery bespoke Spinning bikes to recreate the exhilaration of cycling at different paces and to a backdrop of some great tracks. At the start of the class the bike itself is altered to suit your build and the instructors will show you how to use the resistance gauge meaning you can control the level of your spin workout. Bring a bottle of water and a small hand towel too. You will burn calories! Contact YMCA Fleetwood to pre-book your free session on #Fitnessday.
Body Combat – a frenetic, fun non contact workout which involves a series of punches and kicks to music. Extremely energising and very sociable. Just come along and try it out at YMCA Fleetwood on #Fitnessday.
Zumba – the official latino party with feel good music and feel great moves incorporating samba, salsa, merengue, mambo, hip hop and more. Try it out at YMCA St Annes, Garstang and Poulton on #Fitnessday.
Roc Bod – a body weight workout to shape and tone all key areas while improving core strength. Try it out at YMCA St Annes on #Fitnessday.
50+ Exercise – Exercise at a gentler pace with this low intensity class to help with mobility and build fitness. Try it out at YMCA St Annes on #Fitnessday.
Aqua – Improve your cardiovascular fitness using the resistance of water in this sociable atmosphere. Try it out at YMCA St Annes Pool & Gym on #Fitnessday.
Total Body Workout – Tone up and burn fat using a variety of strength and conditioning exercises. Try it out at YMCA Garstang on #Fitnessday.
Family Fit – Participate in physical activity together, with other families with children of all ages, in a fun, sociable setting with YMCA Instructors. Just come along and try it out at YMCA Fleetwood on #Fitnessday.
For more details about National Fitness Day visit the official ukactive website.