In 2010, the then 5 year old Scarlett McCracken was diagnosed with a brain tumour. Scarlett underwent surgery to remove the tumour and the doctors were able to remove most of it. Unfortunately, not all of the tumour could be removed and as a result Scarlett was left blind in her right eye and with only 20% vision in her left eye. Over the last few years the sight in Scarlett’s left eye has worsened to the point she now only has tunnel vision. We are helping raise funds for Scarlett to receive potentially life changing treatment in America, which could stop her from losing any more of her vision.
To help raise the much needed funds to send Scarlett to America, YMCA Rural Splash, Kirkham will be hosting a Charity Fun Triathlon on Friday 3rd April 2015 (Good Friday). All abilities are welcome to participate and there will be separate events for adults and young people. You will also have the opportunity to enter as a team/family of 3, each completing one event.
- Adult Outdoor & Indoor Course (first wave 10am) – 400m swim, 13 mile bike ride and 7.78km run
- Beginners Outdoor & Indoor course (first wave 10am) – 200m swim, 13 mile bike ride and 4.4km run
- Young People indoor course (first wave 12pm) – 200m swim, 5km bike ride and 1km run
Cycle & Run Routes
Enter for Fun
All abilities welcome. Categories for Adults, Beginners and Young People 7-13yrs & 13-16yrs. Entry is just £10 for Adults and £5 for U16’s and individual team members.
Enter to Train
Are you a serious triathlete? Use the event as training, with start and completion times given.
Support on the Day
- Tweaking and tuning of bike provided by Fylde Cycles
- Tweaking and tuning of bodies provided by Coastal Chiropractic Services
- Thank you to 2am Media for design and print
- Medals provided on the day by Paul Knight
How to Register:
Call us on: 01772 682989.
If you do not wish to take part, you can still make a donation by going to: www.gofundme.com/kvzi90
Thank you for all your support