YMCA’s Air Skate Park team are set to launch their first official skateboarding coaching programme with dedicated sessions for under 8’s and 8+ starting this Saturday 20th June.
Each programme will run for 6 weeks with Air co-ordinator and qualified skateboard coach Ryan McNamara.
Through this new programme young riders will progress through levels 1 to 6 (beginners to intermediates) learning at their pace.
Participants will also be introduced to skate park do’s and don’ts and the importance of safety first.
Air Skate Park opened to the public at Easter inside the completely transformed YMCA Thornton Health and Fitness Centre and as part of Wyre Council’s ambitious vision for leisure facilities in the borough.
The Air 6 Week Coaching Programme:
- Level 1 beginners moves and techniques include:
- Stance on a Board
- Standing on a Board
- Standing off a Board
- 1 Push on a Board
then right through to Level 6 which includes:
- Dropping in
- Ollie 180 – rotating upper body, pop tale whilst unwinding upper body, scrape front foot up and land with bent legs.
- 30 minute sessions.
- Saturday mornings from the 20th June 2015.
- Under 8’s start 10am.
- 8+ start 10.45am.
- £20 for 6 weeks programme.
- Pre-booking essential. Call the team on 01253 824108 or download the registration forms via www.air-skate.co.uk