Your Pathway to Fitness with Personalised Fitness Programmes, Reviews, Swimfit and NEW Healthy Weight Loss Plans with Your Move Weight Management…
YMCA offer expert health and fitness instruction through our friendly, professional team of instructors and lifestyle coaches.
YMCA 4 Steps to Fitness Pathway
It’s important to us here at YMCA that you have the best fitness experience from the start of your journey, so here is our simple 4 step pathway to make sure you do.
The 4 step pathway aims to help you:
- feel comfortable in the gym
- get to know your YMCA instructors
- understand the gym equipment to a level that suits you
- get the most out of the gym and fitness technology
- set achievable goals
- track your progress and see your results
Before starting out in the gym environment you will be asked to complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR Q)
Step 1 – Basic Induction
- Free induction to the gym environment, CV, LFConnect, resistance and weights equipment
- Group or one to one
- 45-60 mins
Step 2 – Individual Goal Setting
- A free session with a YMCA fitness professional to identify your fitness goals
- One to one session leading to the development of your personalised programme
- 20-30 mins
Step 3 – Personal Fitness Programme
- A one to one training session with your fitness professional to go through the detail of your personal programme
Step 4 – Follow Up & Review
- Record and track your progress using LFConnect
- One to one programme review in 4-6 weeks with your fitness professional
Staying on the Pathway to Health & Fitness…
Along with the 4 step pathway to fitness, we offer the following programmes and services to help you stay focused and feel supported along the way:
- One to One Consultations & Personalised Fitness Programmes – whatever your goals our instructors will develop a tailored workout programme for you to follow. (Free for YMCA Premium Members). Request a Consultation here
- Healthy Weight Loss with Your Move – If losing weight is in your plan… look no further than the free 12 week Your Move Weight Management Programme.
- Swimfit Programme – More of a swimmer? Or want to include swimming into your new lifestyle? We offer the official programme devised by the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) and their team of experts to help you get more out of your swimming sessions by offering specially designed workouts for you to follow in the water. (Free for YMCA Premium & Aqua Full Members). Find out more about Swimfit
- Personal Training Sessions – If you would like one to one instruction and support to help build your confidence and stay on track, we offer personal training sessions too.
YMCA Your Move Programmes
Each year YMCA’s Your Move Team help and support over 2,000 local adults, children and families in overcoming health conditions or making improvements to their daily lives to lead more active and all round healthier lifestyles.
Funded by Lancashire County Council and working in partnership with the NHS and other organisations, YMCA Fylde Coast deliver a series of free and subsidised, health and physical activity programmes for adults, children and families.
For more information and how to access YMCA’s Your Move Programmes visit our dedicated website
Active Together – Family Programmes
We believe healthy and active lifestyles lead to healthy, happy, thriving communities and as such YMCA offer programmes and activities for the whole family to be active together.
Fit at as a Family
Participate in physical activity together, with other families, in a fun, sociable setting with YMCA Instructors as part of our Y:Women Can programme.
Join in with the fun themed exercise class suitable for all the family. The class is designed to encourage physical activity while promoting a healthy, well balanced lifestyle.
Your Move Children & Families
Free programme. Ideal for families with children 7 – 13 years who may be over their ideal weight. Sessions are fun and sociable for the whole family to learn about food and nutrition, healthy meal plans, exercise and group games and more.