Now young swimmers can go rookie! The innovative and exciting Rookie Lifeguard programme for juniors and teens aged 8 – 14 years.
The Rookie programme is a unique extension to swimming lessons and pathway for young swimmers. They learn lifesaving, first aid, monitoring and control skills and receive the option to achieve nationally recognised certificates and awards (N.P.L.Q.) which opens up work experience and career opportunities as Pool and Beach Lifeguards from age 16 and up. The programme is registered with the Royal Life Saving Society.
For non-swimmers and under 8’s check out YMCA Swimming Lessons.
Rookie Lifeguard Programme Videos…
Watch other Rookies here as they learn new water and beach safety skills and above all have loads of fun and make new friends!
NOW at ALL YMCA Swimming Pools!
Weekly sessions take place at the following centres:
- YMCA Garstang: Tuesday 7pm – 8pm
- YMCA Fleetwood: Friday 7.30pm – 9pm
- YMCA St Annes Pool & Gym: Wednesday 7.30pm – 8.30pm
- YMCA Poulton: Friday 6pm – 7.30pm
- YMCA Rural Splash, Kirkham: Tuesday 4pm – 5.30pm & 5.30pm – 7pm
On the Rookie Lifeguard Programme the youngsters receive:
- Weekly Programme Sessions with full instruction and supervision from qualified Swimming Teachers
- Free Swimming during all public swimming sessions
- Free Junior Swimfit Lessons
- Rookie Lifeguard Certificates and Badges as they complete each stage and award
- Rookie Lifeguard Rash Vests
- And more!
All for just £22 per month by direct debit.
We’re training the life savers of the tomorrow, today – join us…